Working on Souq's recommendation, a product that aims to deliver the most relevant and personalized experience for shoppers on Souq.com. After the success been made with the recommendation team and the improvement we had in both customer and business dimensions I've been moved to join the CRM "Customer Relations Management" team to be a part of creating, integrating and managing a brand new CRM tools to help before and after shipping relations with our customers, in this team we managed to integrate our system with an online CRM system called "APPBOY".
My responsibilities in both teams included:
- R&D, hunting and prototyping for the best technologies and tools to be utilized for the building of the engine (Hadoop, Cloudera, Phalcon, etc)
- Drafting system architectures for the recommendation engine
- Rolling out minimum viable products to validate hypothesis and to solve the product in the most efficient way
- Continuously analyze and collect data to drive the product development for each sprint planning
- Integrating our CRM application with the APPBOY online CRM system.
- Providing a real time data aggregation for users behaviors on Souq.com to help the marketers create and manipulate segments to target different type of users.
- Building a new communication channels between Souq.com and their customers such as push notifications, browser notifications and SMS.
Souq.com is the largest E-commerce platform in the Arab world, featuring the biggest store of products across categories such as consumer electronics, fashion, household goods, watches or perfumes, attracting over 24 million unique visits per month and is fast growing as more consumers shop online in the Arab world.